Entrepreneurship is a deeply creative act. That’s why we are talking about creativity in business in this episode. From offers and processes to teams and revenue, you, as the founder and leader, are creating something out of nothing. So, taking the time to understand the creative process in general, as well as figuring out your own unique creative process specifically can be incredibly valuable.
As we continue our exploration of time, today, we’re tackling the topic of making time for your creativity. To walk us through the creative process, Eleanor Beaton is joined by creative powerhouse, Liz Kimball. Liz is a creativity coach, writer, and speaker who is dedicated to helping the next generation of women creators produce the major creative works of their lifetime, and she’s here to offer practical steps you can take to be more creative in your business.
Join us this week to discover the power of unleashing your creativity in business. Liz and Eleanor are diving into the six core phases of the creative process, how creativity is truly inherent to entrepreneurship, and why creativity is key to creating a business that’s not a carbon copy of someone else’s, but one that’s unique and valuable to the market.
Love the Show? Let Us Know!
Whether you’re a long-time listener or brand new to this podcast, your insight matters and we want to hear from you. If you’ve benefited from the show in any way, please rate and review it by clicking here. To thank you, you’ll have the chance to win one of our gorgeous, limited edition Jewel CEO hoodies.
Sell with Story.
We know you want to scale up your sales, grow your audience, and build a high-performing, engaged team. But in order to do that, you need to leverage two key communication tools: the power of story, and the science of attention.
The good news is that Safi Media teaches you how to understand and command both in a simple, actionable, comprehensive free course called Selling with Story. And you can get your hands on this free course by clicking here!
Today on the Power + Presence + Position Podcast:
- How Eleanor rediscovered her connection to my creativity, and why she credits her creativity to the work that she is able to do today.
- How Liz’s childhood forged the dynamic, creative powerhouse creativity doula she is today.
- Liz’s definition of the creative process.
- The 6 core phases of the creative process.
- How to identify when it’s time to move on to the next phase.
- Why you can’t divorce entrepreneurship from the creative act.
- The power of being brave enough to make a commitment to your creative vision.
- How to establish safety in the creative process.
- Liz’s thoughts on the role of time and space in creativity, and how it relates to women specifically.
- How meaningful, rich transformations happen when you unleash the power of your creativity in your business.
- To receive weekly written gold in your inbox, make sure you sign up for Eleanor’s email newsletter.
- Connect with Eleanor on LinkedIn.
- Learn how to nail your niche, clarify your message, and scale your business in the Power + Presence + Position Business Accelerator!
- Learn how to build a seven-figure foundation in The Incubator.
- Click here to apply for one of Safi Media’s programs.
- Liz Kimball: Website | Instagram
- The Creative 15
- The Original Source Creativity Incubator
- Julia Cameron
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Good to Great and the Social Sectorsby Jim Collins