Our partners play a very important role in our lives. We value their support more than anyone else in the world. It’s natural to feel this way and I have observed that many women in business expect their partners to give them 100% support with everything they do. This is where things usually go wrong.
One of our podcast subscribers reached out to me recently with this very dilemma. She wanted to know why the people whom we love hate what we do and most importantly, what to do when you find yourself in this situation.
In today’s episode, I’m going to share 5 coping strategies you can use when your biggest love doesn’t love your biggest idea. Stick around to the end of the podcast and I’ll even throw in 1 extra tip that is sure to help you develop a stronger relationship with your partner and boost your confidence to persevere with your dream.
The biggest problems happen when we run away from pain.
Key Points from today’s Fierce Feminine Podcast:
- Don’t run away from the pain. Take the time to sit down and really feel your emotions. This is the first step to mastering your emotions.
- Your partner cannot and will not be 100% supportive of you through everything that you do. The sooner you wrap your mind around this, the easier it is to deal with the hurt that come with being rejected by your loved one.
- Your partner’s feedback is a subjective expression of his/her feelings and not necessarily an objective view of your plan. Listen to your partner’s opinion and learn to take the feedback constructively.
- It is important to surround yourself with other people who can support you and help you grow.
5 Strategies to Cope when Your Biggest Love Doesn’t Love Your Biggest Idea
- Feel the pain.
- Examine your thoughts.
- Respect your partner’s feedback.
- Continue to explore and nurture your idea without the need for external approval.
- Talk to your partner.
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know!
Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave your review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible.