My guest today is author, public speaker, and career and business strategist, Jenny Blake. Jenny helps people move past the “burnout” phase and into careers they love. Today, we discuss how to seamlessly and continually double-down on your strengths, interests, and experience to approach career changes from a powerful place. We also discuss how to identify new opportunities that will help you develop new skills and how to run “pilot” experiments to help you figure out what to do next.
“Not all pivots have to be big and dramatic. Sometimes, it’s just about mapping your next move within whatever you’re currently doing.” – Jenny Blake
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- How company pivots have impacted individual and millennial pivots
- Individual ideas of “what is working” and how it evolved over generations
- The basis of Jenny’s 4-step framework process
- Getting traction within your organization for your pilot projects
- Pilot examples for small business owners and entrepreneurs
- Dealing with anxiety and a lack of clarity
- Transitioning from intrapreneur to entrepreneur
- Recharging habits and routines
Jenny’s 4-Step Pivot Framework:
- Step 1 – The Plant Phase – Setting the foundation
- Step 2 – Scanning – Looking at what’s out there related to your strengths and one-year vision
- Step 3 – Pilot – Small experiments to help you assess the 3 E’s: Enjoyment, Expertise, and Expansion
- Step 4 – Launch – The “all-in” moment
Pivoting Questions to Ask Yourself:
- What’s already working for me?
- What are my strengths?
- What are people asking my advice on the most?
- What do I enjoy the most?
- When do I feel the most “in the zone?”
- How am I already earning an income?
- Who do I already know?
CLICK HERE to download the freebie worksheet “Pivoting Questions to Ask Yourself”
Connect with Jenny Blake:
- Pivot Method Toolkit
- Pivot Method Coaching
- Pivot Method Momentum
- Pivot: The Only Move That Matters is Your Next One book
- Life After College: The Complete Guide to Getting What You Want book
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/Discover.
A Special Thank You to Our Sponsors
This episode was made possible by our wonderful sponsors, BMO – Bank of Montreal – The Bank for Women.
Join the conversation at BMO for Women to gain the insight, knowledge, and support you need to succeed and to truly understand how to manage your money!