Rachel joins me today to share how she landed a $43 million funding deal in 2017 — the biggest second-round funding deal led by a woman in that year. She shares how she balanced her work life and family life as she built her career and her company while having two children. She also shares the hard efforts and sacrifices she had to make to ensure the success of her startup.
“It’s about finding the right ambassadors who understand the need that you’re trying to solve.” – Rachel Drori
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- Where the idea for the Daily Harvest came from
- A glimpse of the products they offer
- How she was trained to think like an entrepreneur growing up
- Her career path that led to the founding of Daily Harvest
- How her experience as an athlete benefitted her mental muscle
- The biggest lessons she learned from working with different brands that allowed her to start Daily Harvest successfully
- How she determined the funding vision for her company
- The impact of having celebrity investors
- How she stays focused on the product and customer experience as well as everything else
- Top drivers that have driven the quick growth of the company
- Tradeoffs she made to build the company
- What’s next for Daily Harvest
Rachel’s Advice for Fierce Feminine Leaders:
- Let go of the idea of trying to have it all.
- Be prepared to make sacrifices and tradeoffs.
- If you’re going to raise money from somebody who’s not going to understand what’s important to you and the people you’re solving problems for, then you have to use that mental fortitude and push on.
Connect with Rachel Drori:
Fierce Leadership Quotes:
- “It’s one thing to have something that’s working, to believe in yourself, to have others not only believe in what you’re doing but also put their money behind it.”
- “You’ve got to make the product rave-worthy.”
- “Own what you know and be confident that there’s an audience for you.”
Dial Up Your Impact, Influence, and Income in 2018
Are you ready to take your leadership and influence to the next level in 2018? Join the Impact & Influence Leadership Lab for Women with Eleanor Beaton – the world’s premier leadership training and implementation program designed specifically for female leaders! This is a 8-week mentoring program for professional, ambitious women in business who are ready to take their leadership skills to the next level and truly step into their power. Visit the Leadership Lab for Women website to see all of the amazing content, tools, and services you will receive by registering today to claim your seat at the table!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/discover.