Sue joins me today to discuss the power of having the confidence to take risks and continually challenge yourself. She explains the importance of believing it’s okay to make mistakes, why it’s critical to lean into challenges and obstacles, and the importance of building trust within your organization. She also shares the challenges she has faced throughout her career regarding limiting beliefs and self-doubt, how she overcame those challenges, and how having the courage to take risks has impacted the success of her career.
“When you truly believe that it is okay to make mistakes, you pick yourself up, admit it and move on; you aren’t run by fear and you learn to lean into things. Then that allows you to take risks.” – Sue Jacobson
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- How her childhood and upbringing paved the way for her successful career.
- Lessons she has learned throughout her career.
- How taking risks has impacted her success.
- The importance of believing it’s okay to make mistakes.
- Her challenges with limiting beliefs and self-doubt and how she overcame them.
- The importance of leaning into challenges and obstacles.
- How her communications firm got started.
- The importance of building trust within your organization – and how to do it.
- Building a company based on trust and flexibility.
- The most memorable milestones she has accomplished throughout her career.
- How social media has impacted strategic communications for businesses and organizations.
- The importance of including social media in your communications strategy.
Sue Jacobson’s Strategic Communications Advice for Fierce Feminine Leaders:
- Speak your mind.
- Be open to being wrong.
- Be authentic.
- Respect everybody.
- Laser-focus on what other people are saying.
Fierce Leadership Quotes:
- “Trust the people around you. Let them take risks, believe in them, trust them and help them grow and move forward.” – Sue Jacobson
- “Lean into your mistakes. Admit them, move on, and learn from them.” – Sue Jacobson
- “Empower others. Really care about other people and helping them grow. Listen to them and their needs and make sure you respond to them.” – Sue Jacobson
Grab Your Ticket to the Power. Presence. Position. 3-Day Workshop!
Are you ready to ramp up your leadership skills, have more confidence in your instincts, cope with criticism and lead with conviction? Are you ready to unleash your inner-CEO and authentically position yourself in a category of ONE? Join me in Toronto, Canada on November 2-4 for the Power. Presence. Position. Workshop – the 3-day workshop designed to help you up-level your power, presence, and position within your business or organization.
Dial Up Your Impact, Influence, and Income in 2018
Are you ready to take your leadership and influence to the next level in 2018? Join the Impact & Influence Leadership Lab for Women with Eleanor Beaton – the world’s premier leadership training and implementation program designed specifically for female leaders! This is a 8-week mentoring program for professional, ambitious women in business who are ready to take their leadership skills to the next level and truly step into their power. Visit the Leadership Lab for Women website to see all of the amazing content, tools, and services you will receive by registering today to claim your seat at the table!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/discover.