Welcome back, my Fierce Feminine Leaders! If part of your business consists of public speaking or giving public presentations, then this Is an episode you do not want to miss! Today is all about public speaking. Are you making the most of it? Are you ensuring that your message is delivered the way you intend it – strong, powerful, and making a positive impact on your listeners?
Many women put a strong focus on their visual appearances when they are about to give a speech or present for a room full of engaged professionals, but we often fall short in one critical area. An area that can have just as much of an impact on our message and the way our listeners perceive us. Our voice. Your voice is a crucial element in delivering a powerful speech that resonates with your audiences. It ensures that the message you want to convey gets through to your audience, making them want to seek you out for your expert opinion or buy your product or service. In today’s episode, I will share with you five tips to improve your voice before you get on stage at your next presentation.
5 Tips to Help You Embrace Your Voice:
- Stand Up Straight.
- Stand up straight with your shoulders back. Stand proud. A great voice originates from deep within your core.
- Slow Down.
- Speak slowly and with purpose. Let people absorb your words, your message – don’t try to rush through your speech.
- Allow Yourself to be Seen.
- Don’t be a ‘wallflower’. Embrace your moment in the spotlight – your ’15 minutes of fame’. Enjoy it. You earned it!
- If you choose to speak and be seen, be 100% committed to it. Let your audience adore you!
- Speak from your Stomach.
- Speak with authority and end on a down note. It punctuates your sentences and allows you to deliver them with more authority.
- Lose the Modifiers.
- Eliminate these words from your vocabulary: “I think,” “kind of,” “maybe,” etc. They are all weak words that detract from the point you are trying to make and make you seem uncertain.
“People have a natural respect for a good, strong voice.” – Eleanor Beaton
Want instant access to these tips? Click here to download the “5 Tips to Help You Embrace Your Voice Checklist” pdf.
I am excited to announce this special, exclusive offer with all you Fierce Feminine Leaders!
Mindy Weinstein, SEO and internet marketing expert and founder of Market Mindshift has agreed to conduct a 1-hour training webinar exclusively for the Fierce Feminine Leadership tribe! This webinar specifically targets women entrepreneurs wanting to learn how to significantly improve their online marketing and SEO strategies.
To register for the webinar, click here.
Subscribe to and Review the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast for a Chance to Win This Month’s Contest!
At the end of each month, one lucky reviewer will win a free private coaching session with me! Are you feeling lucky? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest feedback to enter your name into the contest!