Jessica joins me today to share the experiences that shaped the entrepreneur she would become. She discusses how her personality, being a calculated risk-taker, and the role model she had throughout her childhood inspires her to endure, persevere, and say, ‘I’ve had more challenging times; I’ve got this.’ She also shares some inspiring stories of her former business ventures as a very young entrepreneur and how she invented an alternative to the classic entrepreneurial journey.
“It’s not about the institution or the experience. It’s about your mindset and how open your mind is to learn from what’s in front of you and where you are.”- Jessica Herrin
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- The “ideal” circumstances that led her to be an entrepreneur.
- Her unusual family background allowed her to be fierce and tough.
- How her father influenced her entrepreneurial mindset.
- Jessica’s career path to founding Stella & Dot.
- What her first business venture was about.
- Why she dove into direct sales.
- The vision she had that inspired her to start Stella & Dot.
- How she came up with the idea to reinvent direct sales for modern women.
- How her successful experience with WeddingChannel.com shaped who she became as a leader, entrepreneur, and as a voice for women in business.
- Significant questions to ask yourself that will help you be better and get to a better place in your career or business.
- The most valuable lesson she learned from being part of WeddingChannel.com.
- What propelled her to reinvent direct sales for modern women.
- Why she spent $2,000 as a young teenager on a personalized children’s book business over jeans.
- The key pillars that have driven the growth in her business.
- How she stays re-energized so she can continue to question and fuel those reinventions.
- The biggest fallacy that hurts women.
- Her secret to success.
- Strategies and insights she has around raising a family, having a personal life, and building a business.
- What her book is about.
- Top three success tips for leading a fast-growing company.
- What a business founder’s dilemma is and how to overcome it.
- The kind of people you need in your fast-growing business.
Fierce Leadership Quotes:
- “You need to be tenacious as an entrepreneur. It makes you realize that when you look at these other risks in life, you think ‘I have survived the worst. How bad can this be?’” – Jessica Herrin
- “Every failure, every success is really just preparing you and helping you get to the next place. But as you continue to listen to your heart, you will use those experiences to get to a better place.” – Jessica Herrin
- “Here’s my secret to success: Lower your bar. Stop trying to be perfect. You’re just going to drive yourself insane.” – Jessica Herrin
Connect with Jessica Herrin:
- Stella & Dot
- Keep Collective
- Ever Skincare
- Jessica Herrin on Instagram
- Jessica Herrin on Facebook
- Find Your Extraordinary Book
Position Yourself in a Category of ONE
Do you want to be recognized as the preeminent expert in your industry, solidify your reputation as an entrepreneur, and begin landing high-end clients? Join me on January 28, 2019, in Toronto, Canada for The Preeminence Strategy Workshop.
You will work directly with me to:
- Learn the psychology of high-end clients so you can get clear on what you must demonstrate for them to buy from you
- Learn the 3 Message Pillars you need to focus your marketing on to gain the respect you deserve and solidify your reputation as the top-tier expert in your industry
- Create a customized, high-level strategy to reposition your business into a Category of One
Are you ready to stand out from the competition? Ready to position yourself in a Category of One? Want to start working with more high-end clients in 2019?
Head over to EleanorBeaton.com/Workshop to register for The Preeminence Strategy Workshop.
Space is limited so claim your ticket today!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/discover.