If you’re a creator and entrepreneur, chances are you are most definitely an innovator. However, if you’re a woman raised on our planet, it’s also extremely likely you’ve faced that universal experience of having your ideas ignored, or the gravity of what you have to say diminished, only for someone else to table your idea weeks later, and suddenly, it’s the best thing since sliced bread.
This week, Eleanor is exploring the concept of You, The Innovator, and is joined by financial journalist and best-selling author on women and innovation, Katrine Marcal. Katrine’s newest book, Mother of Invention: How Good Ideas Get Ignored in an Economy Built for Men was an instant best-seller, so they’re digging into the core themes around women and innovation Katrine has uncovered and exposed.
Tune in to hear Eleanor and Katrine explore the big world consequences of women’s innovations being ignored and diminished, and the socialization that prevents us from recognizing ourselves as such. Katrine is offering her insights on the economic history around women and innovation, and how men’s ideas are seen as technical versus women’s ideas natural creative projects.
Join Eleanor for her newest webinar called Niche Down. Cash Up. It’s a 90-minute live free webinar happening on Wednesday, September 28th, 2022 from 12pm to 1:30pm Eastern. This webinar will help you break free of overwhelm, reclaim your time, and scale like a boss. See you there!
Today on the Power + Presence + Position Podcast:
- How women’s ideas and innovations have historically been ignored to the detriment of the planet.
- Katrine’s personal connection to the notion of having her ideas ignored in an economy built for men.
- What surprised Katrine in her research for her newest book, and what her research process looked like.
- The role of gender bias in the universal experience of women’s ideas and innovations being ignored.
- Why it makes sense to innovate for women and back female entrepreneurs in the consumer market, and why we don’t.
- How the identity of innovator isn’t accessible or relatable to women.
- Why men’s ideas are seen as technical and women’s ideas are perceived to be a feminine extension of who they are.
- Katrine’s insights on how to start seeing ourselves as technical innovators.
- Whether you’re a long-time listener or brand new to this podcast, your insight matters and we want to hear from you. If you’ve benefited from the show in any way, please rate and review it by clicking here.
- To receive weekly written gold in your inbox, make sure you sign up for Eleanor’s email newsletter.
- Connect with Eleanor on LinkedIn.
- Learn how to nail your niche, clarify your message, and scale your business in the Power + Presence + Position Business Accelerator!
- Learn how to build a seven-figure foundation in The Incubator.
- Click here to apply for one of Safi Media’s programs.
- Get your hands on this free course, Selling with Story!
- Katrine Marcal: Website | Instagram | Twitter
- Mother of Invention: How Good Ideas Get Ignored in an Economy Built for Men by Katrine Marcal
- Who Cooked Adam Smith’s Dinner?: A Story of Women and Economics by Katrine Marcal
- Why She Buys by Bridget Brennan
- Difficult Women: An Imperfect History of Feminism by Helen Lewis
- The Other Guys – movie