One of the biggest fears entrepreneurs face is that their offers won’t sell, and it’s not an entirely irrational fear. Eleanor hears from many entrepreneurs who experience low or no sales, and while it’s frustrating and disheartening, it’s also quite normal for business owners to get it wrong sometimes.
This is where the discipline of user research comes in. When it comes to the art of observing and listening deeply, Eleanor’s guest today is a legitimate pro. Ximena Vengoechea was a UX researcher, mentor, and manager at LinkedIn, Twitter, and Pinterest. She observed, studied, and listened to thousands of people in order to shape products and features that millions of people use every day, and she’s here to highlight the value of listening and observing deeply.
Tune in to hear the biggest mistakes entrepreneurs make when designing new offers and the kind of mistakes that result in low or no sales. Ximena walks you through a simple approach to conducting effective user research so you can speed up sales by tweaking or creating offers customers actually want, and the best practices when it comes to conducting user interviews.
If you enjoyed this show, you need to sign up to the Anchored Intelligence newsletter. This newsletter comes out every single week, it’s many people’s favorite business newsletter, and it’s all about practical insights to expand your thinking and grow your business. Subscribe by clicking here!
Today on Anchored Intelligence:
- Where Ximena’s body of work around listening and user research started.
- What Ximena has learned about humanity through listening deeply.
- The ultimate cost of not being a deep observer and listener.
- A case study of user research in play.
- Why we overlook the importance and value of user research.
- How to conduct user interviews to yield the most useful and impactful data.
- What’s happening in the field of user research as it relates to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- How Ximena grounds herself in listening deeply when she disagrees with something someone is saying.
- Whether you’re a long-time listener or brand new to this podcast, your insight matters and we want to hear from you. If you’ve benefited from the show in any way, please rate and review it by clicking here.
- To receive weekly written gold in your inbox, make sure you sign up for Eleanor’s email newsletter.
- Connect with Eleanor on LinkedIn.
- Learn how to nail your niche, clarify your message, and scale your business in the Power + Presence + Position Business Accelerator!
- Learn how to build a seven-figure foundation in The Incubator.
- Click here to apply for one of Safi Media’s programs.
- Listen Like You Mean It: Reclaiming the Lost Art of True Connection by Ximena Vengoechea