If you’re an entrepreneur, working in a high-growth company, or simply a human being going through a period of rapid transformation in some area of your life, chaos is something you’re probably well-versed in. While chaos doesn’t feel great, it produces a ton of innovation. And this week, Eleanor is speaking to seasoned venture capitalist Nicole LeBlanc to explore the controlled chaos of high-growth companies.
Nicole LeBlanc is a chartered accountant and partner at Woven Capital, the $800 million investment arm of Toyota Motor Corporation that aims to broaden the group’s global reach and accelerate innovation by investing in exceptional growth-stage ventures. She’s here to break down the chaos that is part and parcel of building a high-growth company, and to give you a primer on venture capital if you’re new to this world.
Tune in this week to get an inside look at the reality of running high-growth companies and organized chaos. Nicole walks you through her career path, and offers her insights on the art of rapid growth, why women secure so little in terms of venture funding, and the transferrable lessons you can apply from VC-backed companies.
If you enjoyed this show, you need to sign up to the Anchored Intelligence newsletter. This newsletter comes out every single week, it’s many people’s favorite business newsletter, and it’s all about practical insights to expand your thinking and grow your business. Subscribe by clicking here!
Today on Anchored Intelligence:
- What the discipline of accounting has taught Nicole about life.
- The idea that a founder’s failure is compost for the next project.
- Nicole’s observations on high-growth companies that set them apart.
- What VCs look for in the companies they back.
- The reality of running high-growth companies.
- Why women secure so little of venture funding.
- Nicole’s best practices around having a formal board.
- How founders can best leverage the expertise of their people.
- Whether you’re a long-time listener or brand new to this podcast, your insight matters and we want to hear from you. If you’ve benefited from the show in any way, please rate and review it by clicking here.
- To receive weekly written gold in your inbox, make sure you sign up for Eleanor’s email newsletter.
- Connect with Eleanor on LinkedIn.
- Learn how to nail your niche, clarify your message, and scale your business in the Power + Presence + Position Business Accelerator!
- Learn how to build a seven-figure foundation in The Incubator.
- Click here to apply for one of Safi Media’s programs.
- Nicole LeBlanc: LinkedIn | Twitter | Woven Capital
- Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
- Venture Deals by Brad Feld
- Speed & Scale by John Doerr
- Range by David Epstein
- Factfulness by Hans Rosling