Women make up about 50 percent of the workforce today, but did you know that only a small percentage of these working moms hold a seat on the Board of an organization? It’s true, and what many women in business may not realize is the significant impact that holding a seat on the board of a non-profit or corporate organization can have – on their own businesses as well as the organizations they support. Today on the Fierce Feminine Podcast, I share three power ninja moves that you can do to help you get a board seat!
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How to Prove Your Medal
- Quantify Everything
- List your top 10 career highlights.
- Boost Your Financial Knowledge
- Take time to learn how to read financial statements.
- Build Your Network
- Invest time into building a solid network and make it known that you are interested in a board position.
- Download the worksheet below. This powerful tool will help you create your career highlights list, as well as help you translate that information into business results.
Women are often more willing to give credit where credit is due, but they struggle to claim credit for their successes. If you want to land a board position, you need to highlight your accomplishments; be proud of what you have achieved, and share them with the members of the board that you want to help!
It’s okay to tell yourself – and others – “I did this, and I’m proud of it!”