On today’s episode, Emma explains why domain knowledge is as necessary as technical knowledge for entrepreneurs in the technology space and how valuable it has been for her to surround herself with mentors and advisors who can fill in the gaps in her knowledge. She shares practical advice for entrepreneurs and start-ups on building a company to scale and tips on creating and delivering a winning pitch. She also shares the organizational strategies she uses when tackling big projects with her team.
“Although technology is what can unlock the solution, it is actually the domain knowledge that helps us define what the problem is in the first place.” – Emma Weston
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- What being a farmer has taught her about being an entrepreneur.
- How domain knowledge helps to define the problem that technology can help solve.
- What AgriDigital does and how it uses blockchain.
- The importance of confidently asking questions and learning when working in an unfamiliar space.
- How it is possible to build a business in a domain that you do not have a background in.
- The lessons she has learned about entrepreneurship and leadership while building her business.
- The benefits of working with a diverse team whose members complement each other’s skills and knowledge.
- Advice for other startups trying to build a company to solve a worldly problem.
- The importance of finding a balance between ideas and execution on a team or in a partnership.
- Why she believes technology companies should be more open about what they are creating.
- Her top organizational tips for tackling big projects.
- Why she recommends tapping into team members’ personal motivations before starting a project.
- The importance of noticing when you are not performing at your personal best.
- The most common challenges faced by the entrepreneurs she mentors.
- How women entrepreneurs’ need to be an expert holds them back.
- The hallmarks of going from a start-up to an early stage growth company and how leaders should prepare themselves for scalability.
Emma Weston’s Tips for a Successful Pitch:
- Keep it simple.
Fierce Leadership Quotes:
- “I want people to tell me when I’m not being as effective as they’ve seen me be in the past so I can take corrective action.” – Emma Weston
- “When crafting a pitch, what really resonates a lot more, quite often is a story that illustrates rather than trying to just explain. I think that going for whatever is simple is what’s needed in the pitching environment.” – Emma Weston
- “As women, we sometimes set a standard that is frankly too high. It’s just unattainable, and that holds us back.” – Emma Weston
Connect with Emma Weston:
Reserve Your Spot for Power Up: The New Rules of Growth for Women Entrepreneurs Webinar
Would you like to revitalize your sales and become a more confident leader? Join me on Thursday, July 26 for the powerful hour-long webinar, Power Up: The New Rules of Growth for Women Entrepreneurs. I will be diving into surprising but practical strategies that I have seen women entrepreneurs use to advance their business. You will learn about the difference in habits between women who are able to grow their businesses and women who are stuck in a cycle of underachievement.
Power up your professional growth by visiting EleanorBeaton.com/Growth to reserve your spot today!
Join the Exclusive Incubator Program!
Are you ready to build, leverage, and scale your business to the next level? Ready to maximize your leadership skills and grow your business to 7-figures and beyond? Join our Incubator Program – the 12-month high-octane program that blends leadership strategy, accountability, and business building support to help you propel your business to the next level and increase your earning power. Head over to EleanorBeaton.com to learn more about The Incubator Program and submit your application today!
Triple Down on Your Personal Brand
Are you ready to grow your business, increase your impact, and build a powerhouse personal brand? Learn how to build a powerhouse personal brand that can help you open new doors of opportunities for your business and career. Grab our free whitepaper: 7 Unconventional Strategies to Build Your Personal Brand. Head over to EleanorBeaton.com/Brand to grab your copy of this powerful whitepaper and begin your journey to impact the world!
Grab Your Ticket to the Power. Presence. Position. 3-Day Workshop!
Are you ready to ramp up your leadership skills, have more confidence in your instincts, cope with criticism and lead with conviction? Are you ready to unleash your inner-CEO and authentically position yourself in a category of ONE? Join me in Toronto, Canada on November 2-4 for the Power. Presence. Position. Workshop – the 3-day workshop designed to help you up-level your power, presence, and position within your business or organization.
Dial Up Your Impact, Influence, and Income in 2018
Are you ready to take your leadership and influence to the next level in 2018? Join the Impact & Influence Leadership Lab for Women with Eleanor Beaton – the world’s premier leadership training and implementation program designed specifically for female leaders! This is an 8-week mentoring program for professional, ambitious women in business who are ready to take their leadership skills to the next level and truly step into their power. Visit the Leadership Lab for Women website to see all of the amazing content, tools, and services you will receive by registering today to claim your seat at the table!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/discover.