As 2016 comes to a close, many fierce feminine leaders are starting to envision and plan what they want to accomplish in the upcoming year. Developing a strategy and action plan each year is a critical step to propelling your business forward, maintaining your already achieved momentum, and clearing a path so you can find your seat at the big tables.
Today, I want to share with you the types of people you should avoid in 2017. These are people who will inevitably derail your strategy to success, make you feel undervalued, self-conscious, and inhibit your performance.
For every hour you spend with a crazy-maker, you are going to spend about 5 to 10 hours paying for it.
Here’s a Breakdown of Today’s Show:
- Women who execute well and get stuff done are more successful because they manage their state of mind well.
- Your ‘state’ – or state of mind – is how you feel, manage, and react to how you are feeling from one moment to the next.
- Limiting your exposure to negative people – the crazy-makers – will help improve your ‘state’.
5 Common Crazy-Maker Categories to Edit Out of Your Life in 2017:
- The ‘Red Alert’ People – Those people who are always afraid, always see pitfalls, dangers or threats and want you to be afraid, too.
- The “Undermining’ People – Those who are jealous or feel threatened by what you are doing. The people who make you feel self-conscious about yourself or your work. These people will curb your creativity, effectiveness, and your ability to get things done.
- The “Constructive Feedback” People – People who give you ‘constructive feedback’ when you didn’t ask for it – even when they don’t know what they are talking about or their feedback isn’t helpful.
- The “It Should Have Happened Yesterday” People – Those who lack the patience or don’t realize that it takes time to execute things properly.
- The “Stuck in a Rut” People – The people who have their own problems, but refuse to do their own work to make a change. Those people who talk about the same issues and problems repeatedly without taking action.
My Challenge To You:
Surround yourself with people that have a different opinion than you, but do not to spend too much time with the crazy-makers that will bring you down and derail your progress and success.
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know!
Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave your review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible.