Despite the continuous stream of advice available on tackling the gender pay gap, from combating harassment to advocating self-worth and negotiating higher compensation, progress in this arena remains frustratingly slow. So, what’s the real culprit behind this persistent disparity?
To delve into the underlying forces driving the gender pay gap, Eleanor is joined by Dr. Claudia Goldin, a leading authority in this field. Dr. Goldin, renowned for her research, is a Henry Lee Professor of Economics at Harvard. Dr. Goldin’s work forms the foundation of the conversations surrounding global gender equity, and she’s here to share her insights.
Listen in this week as Dr. Goldin draws from her extensive research spanning decades to highlight why the gender pay gap exists at a deep fundamental level, debunk the prevailing myths about the gender pay gap, and identify the key levers we can activate to change it.
What is the ONE big pain point preventing you from growing your business? Leave Eleanor a voicemail here sharing that pain point for a chance to receive live, anonymous coaching from Eleanor.
Today on Anchored Intelligence:
- Dr. Claudia Goldin’s definition of the gender pay gap.
- The major factors that drive the gender pay gap.
- Why it exists at deep fundamental levels.
- How couple inequity is complicit in shaping the global gender wage gap.
- The careers and industries that see the biggest gender pay gaps.
- What the relative cost of flexibility means.
- The 3 core levers we can activate to begin closing the gender pay gap.
- Whether you’re a long-time listener or brand new to this podcast, your insight matters and we want to hear from you. If you’ve benefited from the show in any way, please rate and review it by clicking here.
- To receive weekly written gold in your inbox, make sure you sign up for Eleanor’s email newsletter.
- Connect with Eleanor on LinkedIn.
- Career and Family: Women’s Century-Long Journey toward Equity by Dr. Claudia Goldin
- “It’s Not So Black and White”: Gisele Bündchen, Self-Professed “Witch of Love,” Talks About it All – Vanity Fair
- The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan
- Orchestrating Impartiality: The Impact of “Blind” Auditions on Female Musicians by Claudia Goldin and Cecelia Rouse